Saturday, April 07, 2007

I've been tagged

First off, I just wanted to thank Beth Williamson for tagging me this morning. It was awful sweet of you hon. Just can't thank you enough :).

Now then, I am supposed to blog about 5 Things I Obsess About. Beth, we are oddly alike which is a little scary. The problem is, I don't have five things. I am the opposite of obsessor, LOL. Seriously. I don't care if the house isn't clean, or the wash not done, or there's dishes in the sink. I'm a blue jeans/shorts and t-shirt type of girl, wear my hair in a ponytail on a regular basis and don't use make-up. Damn. What does all that say about me? Well, here are a few things I do obsess about.

1. Money--all the time. Who doesn't? Keeps me up in the middle of the night. Why?

2. Pleasing people--I have this intense fear of pissing someone off by my actions or words, intentional or not.

3. Being on time--I hate when people are late. Once in awhile, yeah, okay. There are reasons that might hold you up now and then. But on a routine basis just for the attention? Uh-uh. Doesn't fly.

4. All right I do obsess about finishing my projects on time though my editor will say I sorely suck at accomplishing that. Yet I don't like to leave my house late. I think it stems back to pleasing people. If I don't get it done, who will hate me the most? Thankfully my editor's whip is soft.

5. And last but not least I fear what most people in this country fear. Okay, maybe not an obsession, but it weighs heavily on my mind...making sure my kids grow up to see adulthood in the same way we all have and not from the inside of some bomb shelter. There, I said it. Ack. To over the top? I don't worry about the fringe being straight or the blades of grass all being equal, when I worry, it's about the big things in life, LOL.

And that's a little tidbit into my neurotic mind. Now I'm going to tag Nicole Austin

0 comments: